THIS CITY COUNCIL WAS REALLY INTO BANNING!
Monterey’s City Council issued a number of bans restricting or prohibiting these activities in a single night.
- There’s to be no cultivation or delivery of medical marijuana within the city limits.
- e Cigarettes are banned where smoking is already prohibited.
- Food trucks are restricted to 1 hour of operation per 4 hour period.
- Some feel the city would have actually banned them, if not for the threat of litigation.
- The city cited fear of creating additional traffic hazards.
- Dissenters felt that they were looking out for already established restaurants.